When to call 911
Although there is no complete list of emergencies, here are some guidelines for when to call 911:
- Important: Call 911 for any life-threatening event
- When you smell smoke or see a fire. If you are in the building that is on fire, evacuate immediately and call from outside the building.
- When there is a medical emergency, poisoning, or injury.
- Any situation that is potentially dangerous and you are not sure whom to call.
Placing an Emergency Service Request
The information below will assist you in the event items in your home should require emergency service.
Your phone call will be answered anytime, day or night, and the service request information will be conveyed to your community’s service team. They will be able to assist you with these types of issues:
- Gas odors (If you suspect a gas leak, you should evacuate the building immediately and call from outside. Do not smoke or operate electrical switches or appliances. These items may produce a potentially dangerous spark.)
- No heat or electricity
- No water or no hot water
- Toilet problems
- Roof leaks
- Refrigerator problems
- Water leaks of any kind
Other service requests
You can also place any routine service request via the telephone, 518.561.3742, or through our online maintenance request form at https://meron.appfolio.com/users/sign_in. You DO NOT need to pay your rent online to use this service. Sign up as you would to pay your rent, and click “maintenance request” in the column on the left. It is quick, easy, and very accurate.
It is our policy to provide courteous, effective, and timely service. Routine requests are consistently completed within 24 hours or on the next business day. However, weather conditions, parts availability, and contractor scheduling must be taken into account. We appreciate your cooperation.